For many years, people have used bleach in their homes, laundry, and as a last resort to get rid of any remaining bacteria or stains. So, here we are, discussing the effects bleach may have on your property as well as what we utilize in our products.
Why is Bleach a Problem for Disinfecting and Sanitizing?
Being both powerful and basic, bleach is a particularly hazardous chemical to be around. Particularly for those with respiratory difficulties, health challenges, kids, pets, and other conditions.
- Bleach should never be mixed with other substances. Chlorine bleach can emit highly toxic chlorine gas when combined with other compounds, according to the CDC.
- The skin and lungs are caustic to bleach.
- People with allergies or asthma may become ill even after inhaling just a little amount of bleach due to its powerful odors. Those who are sensitive to the fumes may experience symptoms for days after using the product.
- Homes or facilities with poor ventilation can have bleach fumes that linger for a very long period.
- Bleach has a short shelf life, so you should only purchase what you will use within 3 months and solutions should be mixed daily.
- Bleach has a very high pH (11.5), meaning it is corrosive
- Bleach is inactivated in the presence of organic debris.
- Bleach degrades and creates carcinogenic bi-products
What Options Do We Have For Disinfecting and Sanitizing?
Bleach might be worth the danger to our health if that were our sole option for stopping infectious diseases. Alpha Tech Pet, however, offers disinfection treatments that are safer and more useful. When it comes to pet health, effectiveness and environmental friendliness are equally vital. We at Alpha Tech Pet are aware of the delicate balance that cleaning and animal care products must strike. They must ensure a secure and sustainable environment for people, animals, and pricey facility equipment while also being effective against odors like urine, and viruses like canine parvovirus.
Substitute Substances in Alpha Tech Pet Products
- We make products that are biodegradable or have ingredients listed as “green” if possible.
- We also search for non-corrosive goods. Some zoos and animal shelters have acres of land underneath their roofs. Large sums of money are invested in stainless steel, galvanized steel, etc.; therefore, reducing facility corrosion damage has a significant impact on the bottom line.
- We do as much as we can to find chemical-free substitutes, like stabilized aqueous ozone. Water that has been infused with ozone is called aqueous ozone, which decomposes into only water and oxygen.
- We also search for products that have been "Designed for the Environment" (DfE) - EPA certification, or that might become certified with submission.
Both our services and our products will win your heart. The goal of Alpha Tech Pet, Inc. is to provide all of the environmental chemicals and cleaning supplies required by busy animal care professionals in one location. Both our client service and our products are top-notch! Additionally, we strive to offer the best prices in the industry!